20 Brilliantly Simple Ideas That Will Save You Loads Of Money!
You can save a lot of money and prolong the shelf life with proper storage. See how you can make your life easier:
- Tomato sauce – put it in a freezer bags and freeze it. After an hour if it is frozen enough, you can break it off and use as needed.
- Onions – you can use nylon stockings to tie knots between each onions so that they last longer because they won’t touch each other.
- Honey – store the tightly sealed jar in cold place.
- Eggs – keep the eggs in the fridge. After cracking them, you may put them into an ice-cube container with a bit of salt or sugar so that you can prevent them from becoming grainy, and use the eggs as needed.
- Herbs – put the herbs in olive oil and freeze them. In this way they will last forever.
- Celery, broccoli and lettuce – store these veggies in the fridge wrapped in aluminum foil so that they stay crunchy and last longer. You can also wrap the lettuce in paper towel so that it absorbs excess moisture.
- Mince – the same method as for the tomato juice can be used. Melt it and then it is ready for use.
- Spring onions – if you want them to grow, then place them in water. In this way they will stay fresh and tasty. You can also grow new onions from the bulb.
- Carrots – they are best stored in damp sand in a wood box which should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- Cake – protect it with a piece of white bread as the excess moisture will be absorbed from the air around and the cake will be prevented from dying.
- Berries – put the berries in a bowel with water and vinegar (10:1 ratio) immediately after purchasing them and after 5 minutes strain and dry them. All the micro-organisms will be removed in this way and they will last longer.
- Vegetables – you should blanch the vegetables and then put them in the freezer, except onions and peppers.
- Bananas – wrap a piece of plastic cling wrap around the bananas to stop the ripening process.
- Pineapple – remove its crown and put the fruit on its head to last longer.
- Apples – they have a long shelf-life. You can put them in the fridge and they will last for up to 6 months. However, make sure to get rid of rotten ones as they will spoil the other apples.
- Potatoes, onions and apples – store each of them separately. Put the potatoes in a dark place to prevent them from attracting germs or producing toxic solanine.
- Cheese in buckets – place the bucket with cheese upside-down to last longer.
- Cheese – keep the cheese in a special, grease-proof paper and it will not taste like plastic and will last longer.
- Jars instead of Tupperware – store your food in jars instead of plastic ones.
You can save a lot of money and prolong the shelf life with proper storage. See how you can make your life easier: Tomato sauce – put it in a freezer bags and freeze it. After an hour if it is frozen enough, you can break it off and use...firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorHealthy Food Tips & Tricks