7 Reasons Why Chia Seed is The Healthiest Food in The World
Chia seeds are among the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. They are full of nutrients that can have significant benefits on your body and brain. We present 10 healthcare benefits of chia seeds, which are supported and proven in scientific studies.
1. Good alternative for eggs. Chia is a great vegan alternative for eggs. The outer layer of the seed forms a gel when mixed with liquid and has the same properties as the egg. Use chia seeds in your cooking to increase the nutritional level of food and baked goods.
Fact Plus: It contains seven times more vitamin C than an orange
2. Calcium for healthy teeth and bones. Eating chia seeds is 18 percent of the recommended daily intake of calcium, which will give a big improvement in the bone and oral health, and helps prevent bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
Fact Plus: It contains five times more calcium than milk in one serving.
3. Great source of Manganese. Although not much is known as an nutrient, manganese is important for your health. It helps your body to process other important nutrients and helps in strengthening the bones. 28 ounces (one serving) of chia seeds contains 30 percent of your recommended daily intake of manganese.
Fact Plus: Contains approximately 30 percent of the daily intake of manganese, magnesium and phosphorus.
4. Keeps the heart healthy and happy. As it helps with blood pressure in diabetics, chia seeds can also promote healthy cholesterol, and reduce total cholesterol and bad cholesterol triglycerides. Fact Plus: The Chia also has antioxidant levels comparable to blueberries.
5. Rich in fiber. 28 grams of chia seeds has about one third of the recommended daily intake of fiber for adults. Foods rich in fiber which is as great in helping you feel full longer and to avoid between-meal snacks, and are important for healthy digestion.
6. Helps in losing fat around the stomach. Chia has a positive effect on blood sugar, which is struggling with insulin resistance, which may contribute to increased fat in the abdomen. Some add chia seeds in the diet to combat this resistance and help your stomach to feel and look great.
Fact Plus: Better source of carbohydrates in relation to any other grain.
7. Regulates blood sugar. The gelatin casing that chia seeds create when exposed to fluids can prevent the supply of sugar in the blood. Studies even see the chia seeds as a natural treatment for type 2 diabetes, because of the ability for slow digestion.
Fact Plus: It contains two times more potassium than a banana.