STICKY GARLIC CHICKEN BITES RECIPE (Video Instructions)
These easy baked chicken nuggets are sweet, sticky, and just finger-licking amazing!
Bite-sized chicken pieces made to absolute crisp-perfect and smothered in the most amazing sweet and sticky sauce. Do you need any more convincing?
No, but really, not only are these finger-licking good but these babies are also baked, not fried, saving you on a ton of calories and some of that artery-clogging goodness. And it’s just so easy with 15 min prep and 20 min in the oven. Easy peasy!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko*
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, dip chicken into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Add chicken to prepared baking dish. Place into oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine soy sauce, honey, garlic, hoisin sauce, ginger and Sriracha until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.